Diwali Rituals ‘2020
Diwali – the biggest celebration of the Hindu religion has arrived. This time tithi is falling on two days so :
Dhanteras and Roop Chaturdashi is celebrated on Friday – 13th Nov
Mahalakshmi Diwali puja is celebrated on – 14th Nov.
Diwali has some different aura in it. Celebration and Happy waves of marigold, rangoli, torans, and diyas are felt all over.
There are some wait and excitement of Diwali throughout the year. I am mentioning some simple rituals of these auspicious days, if you wish you can include them in your prayer.
Dhanteras is a day of Dhanvantri, who is Vishnu Roopa. He is considered to be the God of Healing and Ayurveda.
So, on this day we pray both Vishnu and Mahalakshmi and we pray for our mind, body, and soul healing and alignment.
The clutter is thrown and the whole house is cleaned and decorated. Rangolis are drawn on the entrance. Traditionally rangoli is made by rice mixture (soak rice for 24 hrs, churn and make a fine paste) and vermilion powder. It is believed that these rangoli has the power to protect the house. No evil energy can enter inside. Make beautiful designs and increase the beauty of your house.
Hang torans made by mango leaves on the entrance. Mango leaves toran again protects the house from every evil energy.
Buying metal in any form is considered to be auspicious on this day. You can buy anything from Gold, silver to simple kitchen utensils.
In the evening after Vishnu Mahalakshmi prayers keep one diya in the south direction of the house as Yama deep daan.
Keep one diya in the Tulsi plant and keep two diyas in the entrance of the house.
Enjoy with your family.
This is falling early morning on 14th so before the break of dawn take a holy bath (Abhyanga snan).
Make a paste of besan, sandalwood powder, sesame oil, rose water, and gangajal. Use it as ubtan. After bath apply kajal in your eyes to ward off the evil eye.
It is believed abhyanga snan has numerous health benefits.
Mahalakshmi Diwali Puja :
Diwali puja is considered to be the best in fixed Lagna muhurta.
On this day along with Ganpati and Mahalakshmi worship MahaSaraswati and Narayan prayers also. MahaSaraswati is Gyan. Gyan is light. Wherever MahaSaraswati blesses Saubhagya is there. Mahalakshmi blesses there. Mahalakshmi is always with Narayan. So all these prayers are very auspicious.
– Make Swastik on a plate and keep all the idols.
-Give panchamrit snan to all the idols.
– offer kumkum, turmeric, vermillion, molli, rice, coriander seeds, green sabut moong dal, wheat, mehendi, rose water, honey, camphor and good quality incense. It is believed Goddess is pleased by fragrant smoke and good fragrant itra.
– offer 5 fruits including Pomegranate and kheer with lot of dry fruits as prasad.
– Offer flowers. Lotus, Hibiscus, Rose and white fragrant flowers are considered to be the most auspicious.
– Offer one chumukha diya and 7 small diyas in prayer. After prayer let chumukha diya be there whole night. Out of 7 diyas keep 4 diyas in 4 corners of the house, 1 diya in Tulsi and 2 diyas in the entrance.
– Before prayers take sankalpa(set your intention) .In prayers start Ganpati Aradhna, Saraswati arti, Vishnu lakshmi mantra, Ashtalakshmi mantra, Vishnu and Mahalakshmi arti. With family do bhajan, keertan and arti.
– Give prasad and blessings to children. Take blessings of elders. Be in gratitude to your spouce. Spread happy vibes in family.
In all this don’t forget to light one diya inside your self. Embrace your inner child. Love and bless yourself.
Wishing you and your family Very Happy Diwali’ 2020.