- Clean and decorate your temple with flowers and lights.
- Offer Red hibiscus flower or any flower, beetle nut, coconut, kumkum, sandal wood, mauli, 21 blades of durva, incense and lamp.
- In Prasad you can offer modaks or laddus.
- You can sing Ganpati hymns, arti, 108 names of Ganpati, Ganesh gayatri mantra or Ganesh Shubh labh mantra etc, anything where you feel connected.
- Tulsi leaves are never offered to Ganpati. They are prohibited.
- On Ganesh Chaturthi day which will be on 10th Sept, watching Moon is prohibited as this gives Mithya dosham.
Reading time : 3 mins ( Ganesh Chaturthi ritual)
Aupicious festival of Ganesh Chaturthi will begin from 10th Sept to 21st Sept this year.
In Hinduism, Ganpati prayers are essential before any work or anushthans, as it ensures the success and abundance.
In Mumbai I saw people going barefoot from their house to Sidhi Vinayak temple on every Tuesday in Prabhadevi. It worked every time for them.
I even met people who were non Hindus but still had faith on Ganpathi and used to get involved in Ganesh chaturthi celebration with full zeal and enthusiasm.
This is a fan following of Ganpati in Maharashtra, though he has his followers all over world.
I never witnessed such vibrant celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi in Delhi earlier which I saw in Mumbai. The whole Maharashtra dances on lazim dance tune during Ganpati festival days. It is awsome. I loved it from the core of my heart.
The high vibrational power which person experiences in these prayers and celebrations are therapeutic, even dull and gloomy person will also be filled with hope, faith, vibrancy and power in them.
Being non Marathi also I enjoyed their Marathi arti and prayers. They are so soulful. After coming back to Gurugram after almost 11 yrs in Mumbai, I got a part of beautiful Mumbai with me in my memories. I still have very good friend circle in Mumbai.
Now in North also, I see people doing this celebration much more than earlier but still a part of me remembers Mumbai.
It is believed that whichever form of God we worship those qualities we develop in ourself. Ganpathi gives Buddhi (intellect), Riddhi (prosperity) and Siddhi ( spiritual powers).
If you are doing Ganpathi sthapna in your house then you need to do all the rituals and prayers in full discipline. These are generally done by a priest, who performs prayer with full discipline till the time visarjan is not performed.
If you are not doing sthapna then you can simply do Ganpati prayers in house in simple manner, if you wish.
Do prayers and enjoy. Be Happy.
I wish you and your family Very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi in advance.
(Life Coaching, Self development workshops and Corporate workshops)